Pages

Saturday, February 03, 2024

Divine and Perfect Order: A Companion Journal

I was reviewing an old blog post and decided to reprint much of it here. 

In a previous year, I received this book, 

bySusan Day

as a Christmas present (from myself). Yes, I often wrap things up and put them under the tree for myself to open on Christmas day. When I was handed this particular book to unwrap, I had actually forgotten about it, so it was a pleasant surprise!



I was immediately impressed with the layout. Before gift-giving continued I was already immersed in reading Susan's heartfelt introduction.  

At first glance, the lessons may seem simple, as they are truths that I already know. It can be tempting to quickly read through the book since it is short and concise, but instead, I have chosen to pause and re-read each chapter repeatedly. I've glanced at the first four chapters and each time I've re-read them I've been challenged.

Divine and Perfect Order (DAPO) is like a cross between a devotional and a journal. The author reminds us that nothing catches God by surprise, and we are never alone in this journey... "Everything is DAPO." (Divine and Perfect Order.) 

Each section includes thoughts to reflect on, scripture, a simple tool to use, action steps to take, and a place for journalling. Susan suggests, as a child of God, everything is happening in your life, when and how it is meant to. It is a good tool for building your faith.

A Few Questions Posed 

The first chapter asks us to list examples of synchronicity that have defied explanation in our lives. I have had many of those moments this past year and even recently. Have you?

I'm comforted by the truth that God is in control and I'm intrigued with what Susan has written. I'm captivated by the idea that the clarity and peace I seek might be behind a door I didn't think to open. Now my mind is scurrying to think of what door I might not have opened.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

I'm also intrigued by the sentence that says God has the answer to the question I've been asking.  That made me think of how many questions I ask God, myself, my cat, dog, husband, or other person in a day. I realize God wants to help answer all my questions.  


If you are interested in obtaining this book, you can find buying information here and in Canada, here

(note the shipping charges)


  

No comments: