Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

What is Your Rut? How Can You Climb Out of It?

An abstract painting by Rosalie Garde.


Throughout my coaching journey, I've had the privilege of listening to numerous stories filled with heartache and confusion. I provided one-on-one coaching sessions over the phone, and I also worked as an online coach with two different organizations. In the latter role, there was no initial prequalification meeting; I would simply respond when my computer rang. Then, I'd embark in a chat messaging session. 

I sincerely hoped and prayed that my skills would prove helpful, and that the person on the other end of the computer chat would be serious and not a troll. Despite the uncertainty, I offered this as a paid service knowing I'd receive compensation regardless of whether they were genuinely seeking help or just looking to joke around.

Also, participating in a now defunct Christian chatline, I often found myself staying up late to mentor those who were going through challenging times. The stories they shared were genuine and filled with tales of abuse, involvement in witchcraft, recovery from abortion, battles with alcoholism, struggles in damaged marriages, financial hardships, dealing with loneliness and health dilemmas, and more.

I understand that overcoming trauma such as these situations can be an arduous journey. It necessitates support and a process of healing. 

Some women experience immediate healing when they turn to their faith in God. However, for many others, the healing journey is a gradual process and a journey of maturity and personal growth.




There are indeed people who find it extremely challenging to begin the healing process because they are still trapped in their trauma. They may be unsure about where to seek help, or they might choose to stay in their familiar but damaging circumstances. It's a complex and deeply personal struggle that many individuals face. It can also be hard to identify what needs to change by yourself. Hearing input from others is valuable. 

The Biblical account in John 5:1-15 is a powerful reminder of the question, "Do you want to get well?"

In this account, Jesus visited a healing pool and saw a man who'd been laying by the pool as an invalid. Jesus asked him, "Do you want to get well?"

That's a question each woman needs to ask herself. And then it's up to her to take one healthy step forward at a time.

 

This was me around age 50. 

I know well, many women contend with legitimate health issues that can be physically and mentally taxing. Chronic fatigue, myalgia, pain, injuries, and depression can be incredibly challenging to manage. However, your journey can include building a support team and seeking guidance from various professionals. I myself went on a journey many times for personal ailments. I'm doing well now. And that is my wish for all women. 

  • What needs to change in your life?
  • Will that change include new boundary setting?
  • What professional may be of help to you right now?
  • Are you already on a path to healing and growth? How can you celebrate your mile markers?


 

 




No comments: